I look back at all the crazy ideas I would come home with and how it would be an investment of time and money but it would benefit us in the long run. Kara would sit and listen, smiling and nodding her head in a reassuring manner that would always boost my ego because my wife agrees with me and I feel like the man of the house providing for my family with fun new adventures of how to make money while in school. How does she do it... how does she makes me feel like a million bucks with one glance and a smile (a special Kara smile) across the room. She has a gift and I am convinced that Heavenly Father gave her that gift just for me! Back to my crazy ideas... the one I remember most is when my best friend/ my Brother from another mother, Adam and I were going to build a duplex so that we could live in one side and rent the other side to make money! We had big plans to start with one and expand our housing empire from there. This was not just a one conversation thing... Adam would come over at night and we would pour over duplex house plans and decide how we could improve the floor plans, after all we were smarter then the original draftsman! We were tearing down walls and moving bathrooms from one side of the house to the other and all the while Kara is smiling at us trying to figure out how to let us down easily and explain that this endeavor is never going to happen. She let us boys play for a few weeks before she gently pulled the plug on our fantasy and illuminated the reality. She has got the gift because I walked away feeling like I was the one pulling the plug on the project. How does she do that? Now mind you that was one of many crazy ideas so she did have practice! I just love that girl.
She always is asking me if I am laughing at her... "Are you laughing at me?" The truth is SHE JUST MAKES ME SMILE all the time!
The point I am trying to make here is that with all that I have subjected her too over the years she always comes out on top of the mountain that is placed in front of her. I quit my job and had to come home to my pregnant wife and let her know I just quit my job, oh yeah that involved Adam too (brothers stick together). Truth be told neither of us wanted to go home in the middle of the day and tell our young wives we were jobless! Again Kara with her gift of courage, love and a swift kick in my pants I had a job a week later! I remember thinking when we first met that she was spunky enough to keep me inline and I have found she has plenty of spunk to go around and even more love and tenderness, her two secret ingredients that get me every time.
I could ramble on about my angel of a wife all night but I want to close with a statement that is special to us and out kids... Kara I love you to the Moon and Back! You never cease to amaze me and my love for you tunnels deeper in my soul each day.
Kara and I have a private blog called "Love Notes" where we can write this sappy stuff but for now my sappyness runneth over so you all can see what I can see!
7 comments:
That was so sweet Chant! You really are blessed with a special wife!
How sweet!!! You guys are a great couple!
Well as the wife of the mentioned "Adam" I am all too familiar with your guys's big dreams! I have learned patience is DEFNINITELY a virture. :) It's great to hear you write on this blog and very cute. I agree...Kara is a pretty amazing person. Me and Adam have said many times that you guys are like our best friends and he has ALWAYS said you were his brother. Guess you both needed one, only growing up with sisters!
What a sweet thing to do Chant! Kara is one of a kind!
Love it!
seems somebody elses husband may have gone through the whole duplex thing(and still is....) I need your gift Kara of gracefully letting him down.
Teach me.
Chant, you are a good good man to talk about your wife like this, and to her most importantly. I think Kara and I are the luckiest girls in the whole world, and we totally got the best husbands ever. I know Seth would agree ;0). Kara is a special person, and I miss you both so much. I wonder when we will get to see each other again??! Either way, we are friends to the end...
Awesome. You guys are fantastic.
Post a Comment