Today was one of those days I hope I will always remember. It was very nearly perfect. It started off by taking the girls to preschool. While they were there for two hours, Porter and I went to chat with some friends. We talked books, clothes, Scentsy smells, and make-up. All while the children were happily playing together (for the most part.) Can't get better than that!
After naps the kids woke up in a good mood :) When I got Porter out of his crib he started yelling, "Bwinwee, Ainswee." The three of them played so well together. It made my heart happy to hear three little giggles coming from the back room. A while later I took the computer to my room so I could listen to music while I folded laundry. Porter came in with his cars and pushed them back and forth on the floor. Brinn and Ainsley asked if they could help fold the socks. We all sang to our hearts' content. Then Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" came on. Porter dropped his car and he was on his feet bustin' a move. Let me tell you, that little man can dance! His hips were swaying and his head was bobbin'. It really was a party in our little corner of the USA.
Daddy came home for a 2 hour visit before heading back to clinic. We took full advantage and went to the park. We kicked soccer balls around for a while, took a walk to see the fountain, then played at the playground. It was so fun!
Now Daddy is gone again but I hear two little voices coming from the back room singing "A long time ago in a beautiful place, children gathered round Jesus" and a little boy is standing next to me pushing cars back and forth in slow motion. Nothing big, but to me a day worth remembering.
A few days ago I read a survey that a girl had written to gather information for her thesis. It was about bloggers. One of the questions was "Are you a mommy blogger." I try to throw in other things and funny stories about me, but I guess in the end, yes I am a mommy blogger. Although I do have other interests and things I do that make me happy and help me remember that I am an individual, I am a mother and wife first. SO my friends, that is what you get from me...stories about my children. Because in the end, my family is what makes me most happy. And days like today remind me of that. (Yes Mom, I am choosing to omit the one portion of the day that makes me remember why I have hobbies to keep me sane. You know what I am talking about ;)
1 comment:
What a great day!! I love those kinds of days!
Post a Comment