Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Joy of Being Known

There is a joy- a particular contentment- that is felt when one is known.  It is always nice to get to know others, but when you feel someone really knows you- gets you- there is a peace that enters the soul.
by Kristy 

I was skimming through my sis-in-law's previous posts on her blog and I came across this.  It really struck me.  I love it when a connection with another person is so strong that you can give someone a particular look and they know exactly when you are thinking or when they can tell what you are feeling by the tone of your voice.  True friendships and the love of family is what makes life sweet and burdens easier to bear.  There is a joy and comfort that comes from knowing you are not alone in the journey.   

2 comments:

Amy said...

So true. That is one reason why I love blogging so much. We are all able to put our thoughts out there and be heard. Or we just read what others say and nod in agreement. It is very liberating. Thanks for being part of my new blog, I enjoy your comments!

Emily said...

I totally agree! I have a hard time talking to people, unless I really know them. It is so nice to have people in your life who just love you.