Friday, June 22, 2012

Lake Powell

 Ainsley's last day of school was May 31st.  She had a pajama party and watched a movie.  I was lucky enough to be able to go and help out in her class that day.  It was so much fun and I hope that I will be able to help again next year in her class.  I cannot believe that next year it will just be Porter and me all day long.  My kids are growing too fast!

Brinnley's last day was June 1st.  We pulled her out of school an hour and a half early because Grandpa and Grandma were here ready and waiting to take us away on vacation to Lake Powell.  I think she was okay with it, but she will miss school.  She loves school and her friends and her amazing teacher.  She had a great year!  I hope her second grade teacher is just as great as the one she had this year. 

We got to my Uncle Layn and Aunt Anne's house around dinnertime that night.  While we settled in and did some cooking the kids explored the wide expanse of red dirt.  And of course we took them on a few 4-wheeler rides. 


 Anne and the kids got into a sword fight with hot dog roasting sticks.  Don't worry, no one was injured in the taking of this picture.


The morning of the 2nd we loaded the boats and headed out to the water.  The kids sat on the bed in the back of the houseboat while we searched for the perfect spot. 
 And Grandpa let each kid take a turn driving the houseboat for a while.  Rather brave of him I thought.
 It took a while to find THE spot, but once we did it was perfect.  We had the best beach ever.  It was shallow for quite a ways out and we had a perfect beach to put our our camping chairs.  Seriously could not have asked for a better spot.  The kids had so much fun swimming.
 Uncle Layn came with us, Anne had to stay and work, and he brought his dog Mitzi.  The kids had a lot of fun playing with her.  She was really a good dog.
Day one was a huge success!

No comments: