Sunday, June 24, 2012

Grandpa and Grandma's

 After Lake Powell the kids and I went to Ashton from the 5th-16th.  As always we had a wonderful time.  Porter and Callie Cat picked up right where they left off, with Porter following her around.
 Porter and Grandpa were best buddies.  Grandpa was going outside one time and Porter followed him.  He said to Grandpa, "I'm sticking with you."  Grandpa said, "How did I get so lucky?"  And then cheeky Porter said, "You are lucky!"  I think Grandpa was bribing Porter with his can of mixed nuts.

 One of our favorite things this visit was going to garage sales.  We found some awesome deals!  Ainsley found a monkey that was the same as the one she has had since she was a baby.  We couldn't believe how fluffy and clean Monkey used to be.  Of course she had to have it. 
 And Brinnley found some awesome "night vision" goggles and a gun for playing spy. 

We hit a few more garage sales the morning that we went home.  It was a goldmine for me.  We found three bags of kids clothes and 3 coats for cheap!  And of course we hit up the Deseret Industries in Rexburg and I found a ton of jeans for the kids.  So excited!  School clothes shop is almost done!

Porter loved riding back and forth across the patio.  Truly we loved being there and being outside.  I didn't get any pictures but the neighbor has a duck and a goose and it was a daily event to look over the fence at Clyde and Calvin (the goose and duck).  At first it was a little startling hearing the honking but after a while I got used to it and I kind of miss it.  The same neighbors also have puppies that the kids loved petting.  It was fun for them but made us all a little puppy-hungry.

 And it wouldn't be a summertime trip to Ashton without going to Sand Creek.  Porter  loved the water this year.  He got right in and had a blast, unlike last year when he stayed close to the bank.
 They made mud balls then threw them in the river.  Porter went to the top of the creek and threw sticks in for Brinnley to catch as they came down to her.  She got most of them but some got away. 



I didn't have my camera, but we went up to Kirk and Christi's one night for a cookout around their pit in their backyard jungle.  The kids had a lot of fun exploring in the forest.  And the girls also got to spend the night.  The cousins were so good to them and they loved being there!  I'm so glad they have this time with their cousins!  Great memories they are making.  

It was a wonderful trip!  We love being there and I was a little sad to leave the peace and quiet and come back to the real world.  I always miss my reading couch and the sound of the Quaking Aspen leaves dancing in the wind.  Thanks for everything Grandma and Grandpa! 

1 comment:

Cam and Mary said...

You guys have had a fun summer so far! I've never been to Lake Powell. It is on my list! I'm so glad you had a great time and were able to spend time with family. We should get together sometime!