May 2 was the one year anniversary of our business. This year has been one of the hardest of my life, but also one of the most rewarding and testimony building. We have been so blessed, both personally and in our business. I know we are being watched over by our loving Heavenly Father. We wouldn't be where we are without the love and support of our family and friends. I am so grateful to all of them for all they have done for us.
We wanted to celebrate, and celebrate we did. After all, I think it's a pretty big deal. The guest list included us, Teran, Jess (our massage therapist), Kyndel (our licensed clinical social worker), their families, and our family. It was quite the party! We were lucky to have some beautiful weather. I was grateful for that because our party wouldn't have fit inside the house! See, that's not even half the crowd and my kitchen is full.
We set up all the chairs in the garage and put the BBQ in the driveway. Worked perfectly! Then the party migrated out back for some jumping on the trampoline and cupcake eating races. I didn't get any pictures of that. I was too busy laughing my head off. So what they did was set cupcakes up on the sidewalk behind Jen and Kerry's heads (in the picture below). They started at the house and ran to the sidewalk. They had to stop and completely eat the cupcakes before racing back to the house. So funny! And we had cupcakes aplenty (I made 60+ in strawberry, mint, peanut butter, and coconut frosting). I was glad they were put to good use!
Above: Jen, Porter, and Kerry
Below: Kristy, Mike, and Margi
Jess and Teran
Chant had to show off his flips for everyone. He's still got it!
The party didn't completely wrap up until 9:15. Sorry neighbors!
It was the perfect evening. The only thing that could have made it better was to have my parents there. Thank you so much for making this a fabulous year. And it is only just the beginning. We are ready for what's to come in the next year!
3 comments:
congrats! That is so exciting! I can't believe a year has passed! you guys have so much to look forward to. :)
way to go guys! Yes that light at the end of the tunnel (school tunnel) was definately a train for lots of us! Glad you're doing well. ANd love that you had a party! Devin is still a one man show so we shoulda had a party with me and him right? Next year. As always great decorations Kara. Love it all!
Congratulations on your first year! That's a huge accomplishment and I know you've put a lot of work into it!
Post a Comment