So I am seriously addicted to Pinterest. And not just for recipes. I am getting some great ideas that I have been tweaking to make my own. Both of these frames we got at Deseret Industries for a couple bucks each. Then we bought the sample size of paint from Lowe's for a couple bucks each. The top quote was actually done opposite on Pinterest. The original idea was to find an old framed picture, put the letters on top, then paint everything white. Then the letters are peeled off so only the letters are in color. Anyone who knows me well knows that I thrive on color. So I chose to do it opposite. Plus the scrapbook papers was 25 cents a pieces, half off. Yay! I love the way it turned out!
The family photos in this frame where framed in their own individual 8x10 frames. I like the frames but I had them standing on top of our entertainment center and a shelf in the kitchen. They took up all my space for decorations, so I needed them to move. I love the way this turned out. The original "pin" was to have the pictures still framed in their own frame and then mounted inside the larger frame that has no glass. I like that idea but this frame wasn't big enough for that. I still like the way this looks.
Last Labor Day weekend my mom, sisters-in-law, and two of my nieces went to Midway for the craft fair. I found these rosette decorations that I fell in love with. There were two, one larger than the other and much bigger than these. I asked how much they were. $400 for the large one! I about died! No way was I going to pay that. I made up my mind I could do it myself. I have this extremely crafty friend that knows how to make rosettes, so I asked if she could show me. So that was back in September and I just finished these beasts Thursday. Now I understand why the craft fair ones were priced so much. Totally worth it! Even though some of them are not perfect, this was my first time making them and I feel pretty proud of them!
And this is my "freed-up" shelf in the kitchen. I had two Fossil tins and found the other 2 at D.I. for 50 cents each. Love it. I am on the hunt for more to add to my collection.

No comments:
Post a Comment