February 13th I turned 30. Yes, 30. It was off to a rough start when the week before I found my first white hair. That wasn't how I had planned on kicking off the festivities. Oh, well. I figure I earned that hair and so I left it right where it was, in all it's glory on the top of my head in full view.
My birthday was wonderful. It started off with a date with my hubby. He took me to a matinee and then an early dinner at Chili's. We don't get to do dinner and a movie very often so I was looking forward to it. After dinner I asked if we could go to Wal-Mart before heading home. When we got home all the lights were off. When I opened the door Ainsley was holding up her light bright with a picture of a cake. Then when the light came on all these people were here. My father-in-law, mothers-in-law, Jen, and Jess (our massage therapist) and her husband Trevor were all here. It was a party! And I was totally surprised! Chant did good! We started off with cupcakes that Teran had made. She made Andes Mint cupcakes, my favorite. They were seriously so good! It's funny because I had asked Chant earlier the week before if he had plans for a cake, because if not I was going to make my own mint cupcakes. But Teran came through! And Chant had Moose Tracks ice cream, my other fav!
After cake we did presents. I got some awesome reference books of how to use common household items for cleaning. Very helpful! I also got some more things to help my cooking venture, a new menu board and a place to keep my recipe cards. Chant again came through. He got me the first two books in my favorite series. I have the third but had to keep getting the first two from the library. I squealed and did a little happy dance! Yep, I am a nerd.
It was a fabulous day and after it was all over I realized it was also pictureless. Not a single one. Oh well, it was still a fabulous day! Thanks Honey for working so hard to make it perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment