

When my mom was expecting me, she had decided I would be named Willow. She thought of me as Willow, called me Willow. That was it, I was to be Willow. But my brothers wouldn't have it. There was Kirk, Kip, and Kasey. How could they choose a name that didn't start with K? I would be left out! So my mother conceded. But she's told me before that he heart always thought I should be Willow.
When I was expecting Porter, we had one boy name and one girl name. We've always been that way, no waiting to decide until they were born. Our girl name was Linden Hazel. I could see her in my mind. My eyes, blue with green towards the center. Light brown hair. A round angel face like the girls. But I knew in my heart that we would be having a boy. And I wanted a boy. Chant needed a boy. I also knew that this would be my last baby. I feel good, complete with my three children. But sometimes I still think about that name and that face I imagined in my mind. I still feel good about have just three, don't get me wrong. But maybe Mom started a new tradition, pining for trees. Perhaps in the future my girls will lament for the likes of Laurel or Aspen.
1 comment:
I love this post. I just do. And you're awesome.
Post a Comment