Saturday, January 7, 2012

Operation Recipe Organization




So remember how I said I used to hate to cook? Well one of the problems was not knowing what to make. I had a very limited pool of meals to choose from that I made regularly and when I would get brave enough to try something new, I would later forget where I found the recipe. I saw something that was the same idea at a Souper Saturday. I told Chant all about it and for Christmas he surprised me with all the supplies I need to make my own recipe boards. These are just $0.99 cookie sheets from Wal-Mart. The recipes are written on scrapbook paper attached to a magnetic strip that Chant got at Lowe's. The dividers on the days of the week are sticky ribbon, found in the scrapbook section. These are hung to my kitchen wall by magnets. The magnets are attached with Command sticky strips, so there were nail involved. I have written down the name of the recipe and where the recipe can be found. I may have to add another cookie sheet as I continue to find more fabulous recipes on Pinterest or as I think of common ones I have forgotten. I am really pleased with it and I already feel more organized and even more excited about cooking. My problem now is deciding what to make next because I have some many things I want to make! I'll take that problem any day!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome. I feel like I am constantly trying to organize meals. I am so glad I am not the only one who doesn't like to cook really... and for a lot of the same reasons. I hope it goes well for you. :)

gracie said...

What a cute idea and what a sweet husband to give it to you!

Tylers story said...

I love that you love to cook now! It does make it a lot easier to know what to cook and to have a menu too! I usually plan two months worth of menus and then I switch it off every other month. It works out great for us!