My final exam for my high school history class was to research twenty of the things talked about in the song "We Didn't Start the Fire." I loved this assignment. I didn't actually know what a lot of the things were until I got this assignment and did my research. It is filled with people and events that were important in quickly summing up an era. I have been wondering lately if another song were written about this era, what would be included. What events, people, or places would stand out the most? Here's my mini-version. Obviously there are many more that could be included, but these are the things that stand out to me personally.
Twin Towers, Iraq, Afghanistan

Reality TV, The Bachelor, American Idol
Gas Prices Sky High, Recessionistas, Cost of Living on the Rise

Michael Jackson dead, Oprah is retiring, America's first African American President

Osama Bin Laden is gone.

Royal Wedding, Two Kisses, Deviastation in Japan
U-Tube Sensations, Social Media
Facebook, Twitter, Blogger

Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games
This is my song. And how much things have changed. I wonder what events and people will write the song of my childrens' lives?
No comments:
Post a Comment