
We watched Never Say Never with the kids today. Never Say Never is the story of Justin's Bierber's discovery and rise to fame. I have to say I was inspired watching this movie. My kids love Justin Bierber's music. They have the words memorized and the first thing Porter says when we get in the car is "Turn up Bierber!" I want the people my kids look up to and admire to be good people and have a positive influence and message. I was so impressed when they showed the entire crew having prayer before the start of each show. At the end of the movie one of the managers said that they are a family working together. I loved how positive everyone was. His mom and grandparents were there for him and supporting him. I just felt like Justin truly is a good person and I loved watching his story. At the end his mom said something to the effect that she wants Justin's self-worth to come not from what he can do but from who his is. I love that! I honestly can say that I have not thought about what my children will do with their lives as far as careers or education. I don't care what they do as long as it is positive and makes them happy. And I hope that I can be like Justin's mom and say that it isn't about what you do but who you are!
Music is so powerful and I so appreciate the positive messages that I have been hearing in songs lately. Here are a few of the favs in our house right now.
Justin Bieber's Never Say Never:
I will never say never!
I will fight till forever!
Whenever you knock me down,
I will not stay on the ground.
Pick it up and never say never.
Katy Perry's Firework:
You just gotta ignite the light
and let it shine
Cause Baby you're a firework
come on show them what your worth.
You're original cannot be replaced.
Selena Gomez and the Scene Who Says:
Who says you're not perfect
Who says you're not worth it
Who says you're not pretty
Who says you're not beautiful
Who says?
Orianthi and Lacey's Courage:
Courage ends when you're afraid
But you keep on moving anyway
Courage ends when you're in pain
But you keep on living anyway
3 comments:
I LOVE IT!! I saw this movie at Walmart the other night along with the Justin dolls. I thought about picking up some for your little ones! You are an awesome mom!
Coolness... all good thoughts. Although I don't really get the song about courage - maybe I need to listen to the whole thing, 'cuz why would we want courage to end?
I think I feel the same way about wanting my kids to know who and what they are instead of worrying about what they will be. I hate that schools start so young thinking about careers. But it is natural when you think of the ultimate goal of schools.
I just want to see my kids being great moms and dads and being better at basic things than I am and being brave and kind and being leaders amongst their communities and friends.
Miss you girly!
Hey Becca, yeah I should have included more of the song. What they are trying to say is that even though you are afraid you should still keep moving and trying instead of giving up. The wHole thing together makes sense :)
Post a Comment