Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Dream Come True

Thursday, May 19th was a day that we have waited for and dreamed about for a long time. That was the Grand Opening for CopperWell Chiropractic. Today was an emotional day for me. I have watched my husband work his heart out. There were many late nights at school studying and learning. There were many late nights at home. He spent 7 years going to school to earn his Doctor of Chiropractic degree. I was with him for 6 of those years. I have seen the excitement as he learned new techniques and then as he began working on his fellow students and eventually the public. I have seen the sparkle in his eye whenever he talks about helping people. He has gone through notebooks doodling floor plans and layouts for his office, coming up with logos, and thinking about color schemes. He has prepared and planned for this day for years. And now finally it is here! Everything he worked for! And it was amazing!

Jen came to spend the night Wednesday so she would be here for the ribbon cutting ceremony at 11:00. She helped me get the kids ready to look their best in support of Daddy and Teran. And I have to say they were a good looking bunch. I am so glad Jen was there! She was my camera woman and my kid wrangler!

Just as we were getting ready to go out the door, there was a knock at the door. My mom and dad had surprised us. They told us that work was just too busy and they wouldn't be able to get away. So when I saw them there I almost cried. I was so touched and grateful that they came to celebrate this special day with us. Especially since they got up at 4:00 in the morning to make it on time and then turned around to go home at 3:30 in the afternoon. Such a lot of driving! Thank you for doing that. It meant so much!

When we got to the office, Chant's dad and stepmom (Kerry and Frances) were there. Kerry had taken the day off work to be there to support us. They stayed the entire day! Thank you so much for doing that! We are so grateful for your love and support and so glad that we live close to you!
I had to snap some pictures before the ribbon cutting. This is Chant and Teran, our business partner.
And us. I promise my smile was a lot bigger!
Grandpa's job was to keep the kids occupied. He did the ultimate at that when he ran next door and got Little Caesar's pizza. They were quiet for a long time!
Grandma and Porter were having quite the talk. Too bad Grandma didn't know what he was saying :)
Members of the Chamber of Commerce gathering. I was so grateful for the amount of people that showed up.
For those who don't know Teran, this is a standard gesture. I love her! She is so fun and she cracks me up! We are lucky to have her!
Everyone gathered for the ribbon cutting. Say Cheese!
And cut!
It's official!
We are so pleased and excited to welcome Gabby to the team! Gabby is a licensed massage therapist. She is so excited to be part of the group and we are glad to have her! (Gabby was hired the day before!)

We are ready to go and continue to make our dreams come true! Thank you to family and friends for all your love and support. We couldn't have done it without amazing people encouraging us and standing behind us!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Kara. This is so awesome. What a HUGE accomplishment for your whole family. I wish you the best on this new adventure. So cool!

Tylers story said...

Kara that really is so exciting. What a great accomplishment for you both! You guys just look so happy. I love it!

Tylers story said...

That last comment was from me, Lisa!

Amie Orton said...

So happy! love you guys. The office looks SO great. So impressive!
Yay! for the next stage of life.

Amie

The Ingleby Family said...

How fantastic!!!! What a wonderful day!!! Congrats to all of you!!!! Isn't it cool you can call your hubby Dr. Chant?? SO COOL!! Love you all!

gracie said...

Congratulations to you both! How exciting!

Cam and Mary said...

I can't imagine what a great feeling it is to finally have your office up and running! Great job! We wish you guys all the best.

Katie said...

Congrats! I found your blog through Emily's I hope you don't mind.