We have been gone. A whole month away from our little home. We are back now.
It was a wonderful trip! An eventful trip. I am so grateful we were able to go for such a long time, even though we were homesick towards the end. Now that we are back, I am missing what I left behind.
I miss laughing with and talking to sisters-in-law, mothers, Dad, brothers, nieces, and nephews.
I miss the moderate temperatures. My children had the time of their lives being outside constantly. They enjoyed the simple things like playing in the backyard and riding their bikes. We loved playing at the park and going to the zoo. But it was still warm enough we were able to enjoy swimming, which we did often.
I miss my "reading couch." It's my own little haven in my parents' living room. I enjoyed many quiet afternoons reading from wonderful books while soaking up the sun and feeling the gentle breeze through the open window. I love you little couch!
I miss playing games with nieces and nephews. We just miss you! My kids love you all so much and they are already asking when we will see you again. You are the best cousins a kid could ask for!
I miss going to Zumba with Christi. She is so good that I felt silly. But I loved it so much I bought two of my favorite songs on I-Tunes. I will never forget watching Correene shake it!
I missed watching The Bachelorette finale with all of you. I am sure Dad had wonderful commentary and Mom and Christi had goofy smiles on their faces. Wish I could have been there!
And I am sad thinking that I will miss saying good-bye to Tyler before he leaves for his mission in Chile and hearing him talk in Church. Tyler I am so proud of you and the man that you are becoming! I know you will be a wonderful missionary. We love you and promise to write!
We have been home 5 days now but I put off writing this post because I knew what would happen when I did. I would start crying like a baby. I was right. I miss you all and love you more than you know!
Pictures of our wonderful visit to come soon.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad your trip was so wonderful. And I'm glad you're home. :)
I am back home right now experiencing those same lovely things and will be feeling like you in a few weeks. Hope you can get back into a routine and feel good to be home!
Post a Comment