A few things have happened since the kids and I have been on vacation. I wanted to write them down so I would remember.
We got to Grandma and Grandpa's house Monday, July 5. That night the girls slept in the playhouse with their cousin Maddie. They were set with a movie and popcorn, all cozy in their blankets. I half expected someone to creep into the house in the middle of the night, but no one did. At 7:00 a.m. I heard a siren. Around here it means they are calling for the volunteer firefighters to assemble. I knew what it was and so I drifted back to sleep. Within a few minutes my Dad came into the room holding Ainsley's hand. She was crying. I instantly knew why. My poor girls were soundly asleep in the playhouse when the siren wailed. They thought it meant a tornado and so they were frantically searching for their precious stuffed animals and then they came screaming into the house. Grandpa was awake. Brinnley ran in and said, "Where do we go!" Grandpa didn't know what she meant. It took a minute to understand and then to calm them down. My sweet girls were so upset. But at least they are well trained!
Porter has been quite the entertainer. He is obsessed with doors. My parents' home has a door that leads from their dining area to their beautiful backyard/patio. He can spend a good 15 minutes opening and shutting that door. It doesn't get old. Don't know why, but it is fascinating. And my Aunt that lives with my parents has a cat named Callie. Porter follows her at a distance and then when she is looking the other direction Porter swoops in, pets her, and scoots back again. He has also had lengthy discussions telling her what's what when she does something he doesn't like. He points his finger and words spew from him so fast not a word can be understood. But she gets the idea.
The kids have loved playing with their cousins. We have been busy going to the zoo, playing at the sandbar, walking to the park, and playing in the backyard. Good times!
Before we got to Idaho we spent a wonderful weekend with Chant's family. The best was meeting Kristy's boyfriend, Mike. He and Porter became BFF's in no time. A close second to meeting Mike was the afternoon swimming at at an awesome indoor pool. Everyone had a great time! Thanks fam, we love you!
Two weeks left and plenty more stories to come. Sorry no pictures, my parents still use dial-up. What can ya do?
2 comments:
It sounds like you guys are having a great time! I'm bummed, it sounds like you will be leaving just when we get to UT. I was hoping we would overlap sometime and get to see each other! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time with your family!
That story about your girls is cute! Sad that they were so upset, but at least they know what to do, right? :) Glad you having fun with family!
Post a Comment