Monday, August 16, 2010

Brinnley's First Day of Kindergarten

Brinnley Beth started her first day of Kindergarten today! I'm in a mild state of shock and disorientation right now, but so far I am tear-free. That happened yesterday! Brinnley, Ainsley, and I were all on the couch with arms wrapped around each other bawling our eyes out. This is basically how it went:
Brinnley- I will miss you!
Ainsley- I don't want Brinnley to go! I will miss her!
Me- Just tears and saying "I know"

But we woke this morning with anticipation thick. I served a special breakfast of waffles and chocolate chips. Brinnley put on her new outfit and shoes. And I did her hair extra special- 4 braids pulling back into a barret.

Her backpack has two guitars on it. Very fitting for the future rock star. And a green frog watch! She's ready!

Standing in line waiting for the bus. Bye Brinnley, we love you!
IT is now 1:35. So far we have played Sorry, watched Blue's Clues, gone to the library and Target, read books, and sang songs. Man, 4:00 is a long ways away! In the meantime I penned a short note to my sweet girl:

Dear Brinnley,

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Buses are Yellow
And I miss You!

Learn a Lot
Have a good day
When you get home
We will play!

Love,
mom

6 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

That is so crazy! I remember when that little girl was born and at our house all the time. I can't believe she is 5! Is she in all-day kindergarten?? anyhow...how fun for her. Miss you guys!

Liana Brown said...

Kindergarten?!? Already? Thats crazy! She is looking so grown up! Loosing teeth and starting school! What a big girl!!

Robnz Fam said...

Gosh, I wanted to cry just reading that! I know it'll be a lot like when we send Emi off to her first day of school. I'm glad I have a year to prepare. That's going to not be fun! So did she love her first day??

JennyFaith said...

She's such a big girl!!!! Can't believe she has started school! What a big day for the whole family!

Suze said...

Aw, how exciting! Hope it went well!

Amy said...

Awww...what a sweet poem! What a long day. Was she tired?? So exciting for you to have such a big girl!