Monday, August 16, 2010

All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth


Church was exciting yesterday! Porter started off mad about something so he and Chant were in the hall. The girls and I were sitting quietly on the bench as the bread and water were being passed. Brinnley leaned over to me and said, "Mom, my tooth is loose." I asked if I could see. When she opened her mouth, one tooth (the left one) was already gone. I asked if she swallowed it. She looked at me with a frowny face and said "no." So I asked her where it was. She didn't know. I looked around and spotted it on the floor by my foot. I picked it up and held it up for her to see saying, "That's your tooth." She instantly got hysterical saying, "That's not my tooth, don't show it to me again" in a high pitched, shrill voice. As soon as the young men sat down, we left for the foyer. I found Chant and we went into the nursery. She was oh so upset. We explained to her that it is okay for her teeth to fall out and that other ones would grow in. She calmed down a little and even got excited when we reminded her of the Tooth Fairy. Then came time for an inspection of the remaining loose tooth. It was really loose. Chant asked if he could just pull it. She was a brave girl and he reached it and popped it out. We were surprised because she hadn't mentioned that her tooth was loose and so we didn't even know to be looking for it. She was a pretty excited little girl!

She is taking a liquid antibiotic for an ear infection and when we gave her her nightly dose she instructed us to push it in through the hole. Funny girl!

When we called Grandpa to tell him the news, he asked if she had been kissing any boys because that's what happens. She said, "No, just Daddy." Well that's a relief! :)

With the excitement of starting school, we forgot to put them under her pillow. Guess the tooth fairy will come tonight!

No comments: