Friday, June 25, 2010

Sisters

The last time I was home was in August/early September last year. I have been homesick in these months, but the worst was in January and again in April when my Dad had health problems. I wanted nothing more than to be home. A good close second was last night. I missed my brothers and sisters-in-law so bad it hurt. I just wanted a hug from them. I have been blessed with the most amazing sisters-in-law in the world!

Tracy has been a part of our family the longest, 16 years. Tracy's birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one! She is an amazing cook. She can make the most amazing things from her food storage. It's truly a skill. She is so frugal and can make their money stretch. She is gentle and sweet. She is an amazing mother and wife. She is always doing things for other people, even when she has her own problems and needs the service. She has a huge heart. I have so many wonderful memories with Tracy, including a trip to Hawaii, many Women's Wild Weekend adventures, and shopping the day after Thanksgiving just to name a few. I love you Tracy and I am so glad you are my sister. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me. You are the one who taught me to keep a journal and I have faithful done so since the summer Lance was born. Thank you for all you do for my brother and for raising such beautiful children. I love you!

Dear sweet Christi has been a part of our family since 2006. Our family would not be complete without her and her 4 wonderful children. We love them so much and cannot imagine them not being a part of us. Christi is an amazing person. She is a hard worker. She is smart, caring, and loving. She is always doing things for people. She loves fall colors and has the best style, always wearing cute necklaces and bracelets. She was my inspiration to branch out into the accessory world. And her sense of style extends into the way she decorates her home. She always has the wheels in my head turning when I go to her beautiful home. She would do anything for her kids, and does. Christi, you are an amazing mother and I have learned so much from watching you. Thank you for willingly joining our sometimes dysfunctional family and for making it better! We love you so much Christi and we are praying for you.
Jen is amazing! I remember the day I met her I was so nervous I wanted to throw up. I mean come on, in order to be related to Chant you had to be pretty awesome. And she is! She is so talented. She has amazing showcase talents, like singing, but then she has other talents that I admire. She is true to herself. She does what she thinks is right. She is loyal. She is talented at helping people work through problems, I know, she has been my shrink a time or two. She is thoughtful and caring. She knows how to have fun. She loves garage sales, like me. Can't wait to hit a few with you! She loves to wear hats, which I love about her. We cannot wait to live closer to you and be able to do things with you. Thinking about it makes me excited!
Kristy is my comic relief and my spiritual giant. I lived with Kristy for a summer while Chant was on his mission. I am so thankful for that time because I learned so much about her. One of the memories I dig up when I am in need of a good laugh involves her and a bat, the kind that flies. Another good one: her, my mom, and a funny story about a hard roll. Always does the trick when I need to smile. And believe me, being with her in person is even better. She has the kind of laugh that is infectious. And it comes so readily. I love that! Kristy is so in tune with the spirit and she can find the purpose and lesson in anything. She is a very positive person. She doesn't like to be hot, like me. Finally someone that can relate! We love you Kris and are so excited to see you in 6 days.

I am so blessed with such beautiful, inspiring women in my life. I love you all and am so grateful for the examples you all are to me. I cannot wait to see you all again and get that big hug that I have been needing from each of you!

3 comments:

Mike & Kristy said...

And you Kara, my dear, are amazing. We are in awe of you and the way you are constantly focused on your family and how you are able to balance 3 kids, reading, blogging, cooking, field trips to the park/pond, etc. My goodness, you're Wonder Woman! Seriously, I love you so much. Thanks for your sweet post. You're wonderful and I can't wait to GIVE you that big hug! So soon!!!

Robnz Fam said...

This really made me homesick for all my sisters and in laws. We are really blessed to have such a great family. That was such a nice post for them!!

Amy said...

Aww...what a beautiful post. I'm so glad you know them so well and get to be together again. They are truly inspirational!