Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Moral of the Story is...

Saturday Chant had to go into the clinic for a few hours. After we all kissed him good-bye, the girls scurried off to their room to play, Porter sat in a pile of cars and was happy as a clam, and I got started on the dishes. A few minutes later I noticed all was quiet. Porter was not making his car noises. I turned to see what he was up to. And here comes the little man walking towards me. He has a diaper wipe in his hand and is trying to clean something brown and squishy off his other hand. You guessed it. Poop. He had smeared it all over my chair, my throw pillows, and Brinnley's most special purple blanket. I called for Brinn to bring me a towel to lay him on, because of course he had smeared it up his back. Then I reached for the diaper wipe container...which was slimed with the brown stuff as well. I got the little man cleaned off good enough then threw him in the bath. Then came cleaning the furniture and washing the pillows and blanket. And the last thing on the agenda was the diaper wipe container. The lid had been broken for about a week and so it was just sitting on top. When I saw it, I grabbed a towel, picked up the lid with it, and threw the lid away. There was no saving it. I covered the container with saran wrap in hopes the wipes would stay moist. That lasted all of a few hours. It is now Wednesday. The wipes have been kicking it sans lid and saran wrap for 4 days. And guess what? They are still moist. The moral of the story...I guess humidity is good for something.

10 comments:

Just the three of us,,, said...

Wow that was fun I bet! Why do kids tend to do the worst things whenever their daddy's aren't home? Sometimes I truely think Everett does this to me LOL even though obviously he doesn't but sometimes I begin to think that!

Just the three of us,,, said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robnz Fam said...

Oh man! That brings back so many memories!! That was the worst mess to clean up after!! But, being a mother is the best job ;0). So thanks for the reminder on humidity...I need to try and enjoy it more here in Japan!

r.l.secor said...

YUCK!!!!!!!!

Randi and Adam said...

That is so funny! I can't count how many times Noah has done that. I told Adam that if he does it again I am putting him back in onsies. It is so gross trying to find all the places it could be. Ick!!! lol

Cam and Mary said...

Oh man! At least you were able to find something positive out of it! :)

Suze said...

gross! and funny. :)

Robnz Fam said...

The bus knew to take them right to our apartment. So that was really good. Luckily, the manager of the apartment was waiting for them here, so he let them in. So really, the students were just fine..it was us running around like chickens with our heads cut off!! :0)

Robnz Fam said...

p.s. will you guys be in Utah in August??

Amie Orton said...

that is the moral isn't it.

haha. OH man. I almost started gagging. Your too goo d of a writer kara.