Friday, June 4, 2010

I did it!



When I was in high school (or else a Freshman in college, I can't remember which) Dad took my Mom and me to this ski shop one Saturday afternoon to look around. I saw this amazing coat and was instantly drawn to it. I mean, what's not to love? It's lemon yellow, need I say more? I showed it to Mom and started pointing out every amazing detail of this fine piece of clothing. Soon I had her convinced she loved it as much as I did. Then we pitched the sale to Dad and the two of us walked out of the store with matching lemon yellow coats. I adore this coat and wore it everyday.

Then, I started putting on weight and my beloved coat no longer fit. I have carried this coat with me from apartment to apartment, nine times to be exact. I have kept it lovingly packed away. Just waiting. When we moved to our current home I removed it from its Rubbermade container and hung it in the back of Porter's closet.

Today I was cleaning out said closet and came upon my Coat. I thought, "Why not?" And tried it on. And to my extreme joy, it fit!!! I zipped it up and it wasn't even snug. Fit like a glove. A tear or two slid unbidden down my cheek. To me this coat was my "If only I could fit into...again." And I did it. It is sometimes hard for me to acknowledge my accomplishments, but I will give myself this one time to say, "YAY me!"

6 comments:

Lorrie Munson said...

Yea for you. I know its hard and you have really something to be excited about.

Cam and Mary said...

Good job Kara! You look cute in your yellow coat! :) I wish I was there to get in shape with you. I bet that was a wonderful feeling.

adorable pearsons said...

For sure- YAY YOU! Good Job! I am having the opposite feeling as each piece of clothing gets tighter and tighter! However, when it finally fits it is definitely worth a 'GO ME'! And, what's not to love about your adorable hair cut and super cute hair pin. You are looking mighty fancy ;)

Amie Orton said...

sooo great Kara. Every time I see you I think, wow she looks so great, but think you might get tired of hearing it, but I really do think it every time. But I always think is she is better shape or just has another super cute outfit on?

Now you can add the coat to all your cute outfits. too bad it's Summer! Well anyway for you trimmin up while all the rest of us are EXpLODiNG.... haha.

Love it.

amie

Crystal and Billy said...

Awesome!!!

Unknown said...

How exciting for you!! I bet you look and feel fabulous!