Easter morning we awoke to the sound of seals barking in the form of three hacking children. They sounded awful! And later in the day Brinn got a fever and had no energy. At least they had enough excitement to get their little bodies going for the Easter morning festivities.
The kids awoke to find the Easter Bunny had indeed come. He brought both the girls Easter dresses, stickers, coloring books, and candy.
Porter found his basket held wonderful surprises: two cars and two Transformers. That little boy was in Heaven!
After checking out the goods, the kids went on their egg hunts. Ainsley was very careful when she put her eggs in her basket because she didn't want them to crack.
Brinnley was a little more crazy!
Porter didn't get it. He would put them in his basket and then take them out and put them back where he found them. I guess there was no appeal for real eggs. Bring on the plastic ones filled with candy! Here he is clapping for himself because he lined the eggs up.
And yesterday was Conference. How wonderful to sit and listen to the words of the Lord's servants and our leaders. I was filled with the spirit as I listened. I noticed a definite theme. Love one another and teach our children. I left the last session with a deep desire to do better and be better. Such powerful messages! And I am filled with gratitude for my Savior and His sacrifice for me. I know He lives and that because of Him we will all be resurrected. How grateful I am for the Gospel in my life!
2 comments:
I know I felt a huge responsibility as a mother after watching conference, but it's a good one to have! Your kids look very happy with their Easter gifts! I hope they feel better soon. I thought Hudson was all better, but he woke up this morning coughing!
Poor sickies! They look so cute and happy! Gotta love Easter :)
Post a Comment