Thursday, January 21, 2010

Music to my ears.

I got an I-Tunes gift card for Christmas from my fabulous sisters-in-law. Ever since I have been music obsessed. I have been exploring different kinds of music and artists I am unfamiliar with. I love the way a song can change my mood, how it can lift me with inspirational lyrics and a good beat. I have songs for cleaning my house, songs that calm, songs I can dance too with my kids.

My new/continuing obsessions include the following:
Ingrid Michaelson- Most of her stuff
Marie Digby- Symphony, Say It Again
Regina Spektor- Eet, Fidelity, The Calculation
Leona Lewis- Better In Time, I Will Be
Benton Paul- Paris, Favorite Thing, Moon
Vanessa Carlton- A Thousand Miles, Heroes and Thieves
Owl City- Fireflies
Miley Cyrus- The Climb, Simple Song
Mindy Gledhill
Jenny Jordan Frogley
Katherine Nelson
Kenneth Cope

So here's the deal. I have exactly $8.21 left on my gift card and I would like to "use it wisely." I would love any recommendations anyone has to offer. What's your favorite song? A new artists you think I should check out? Thanks in advance for the help!

Speaking of good music, here is my Ainsley girl singing along with Rascal Flatts.

P.S.
In the mood for a good laugh? Check out Owl City's Dental Care. I only heard the 30 second I-Tunes clip, but it was pretty darn funny!



7 comments:

Liana Brown said...

Carrie Underwoods new CD called Play On has some GREAT songs!!! Temporary Home is my fav, listen to the clips.. they are all great! Mamas Song is good too! I got an iTunes card for my b-day and have been doing the same thing! I downloaded Josh Gracin Unbelievable last night! Such a sweet romantic song! :) I am gonna check out the ones you listed!

Mike & Kristy said...

I recommend some Adele for ya. Good stuff! I like Daydreamer, Best for Last, My Same and she does a cover of Make You Feel My Love that is FABULOUS! Happy iTuning ;) Love, Kris

Crystal and Billy said...

Are you a Taylor Swift fan? I just downloaded the song "Two is Better Than One" from iTunes yesterday. Also, check out the audiobooks on iTunes. You can listen to a good book when you've got your arms full (with dinner, kids, etc.), when on the road, or exercising.

Lacey said...

We're huge Benton Paul fans around here (Ryan actually served with him in Paris). My recommendation is Kalai, any of his music. He's awesome.

Randi and Adam said...

I think one of my favorites right now is Lady Antebellum. I've also been listening to old stuff: REO Speedwagon, Chicago (a favorite) and Journey! Look some up! So Ainsley is so stinkin' cute that girl!!! How funny. i will definitely show that one to Adam!

Beck n' Ben said...

If you like Regina and Ingrid - you might like Imogean Heap, Meiko, Rachel Yamataga, or One Fine Frenzy. Also totally second Kristy's recommendation with Adele. I HEART iTunes, but my credit card doesn't...

Liana Brown said...

I know I already commented... but I found another Owl City song that is soooo good! Its called Vanilla Twilight!