You are creatures of divinity; you are daughters of the Almighty. Limitless is your potential. Magnificent is your future, if you will take control of it. Do not let your lives drift in a fruitless and worthless manner. …
For you, my dear friends, the sky is the limit. You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you.
Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the Church (from Ensign, May 2001, 93–95).
Someone shared this quote at a Relief Society meeting last year and it has stuck with me since. I thought I would share this since this is the time of year when we are all recommitting ourselves to do better and be better. I love the power that comes with these words. It speaks to me on a personal level. I am important and I have a purpose. For me the sky is the limit. I really hope that in all I do this year I will live up to these words and challenges. I hope to be accomplish more worthwhile things and spend less time on the things that don't matter. I hope this message lifted you and touched your heart as it did mine.
4 comments:
That is a really neat quote. Especially if you having a down day, (and we all have). Your kids are sure cute. I wish Noah was as excited about nursery as Porter. Ainsley and Brinnley are getting so big and so cute. miss you guys!!!
That is such good quote. I loved it. Thank you for sharing that with us. It's so nice and refreshing to remember those truths. I remember after having Emi I forgot what my purpose was. No sleep, different body, not seeing sunlight for about 3 weeks...not good :0). So I read the Proclamation to the Family over and over and over again. It did the same thing for me as this quote did for you. It has stuck with me ever since too!
So Seth is teaching at UVU. Exciting times!
Great quote! Thanks for sharing!
oh, SO.. I think I will just make that my life theme. Post it on my wall. Frame it even. REALLY. I loved every sentence in that. Thank you for sharing. And who says blog reading is a waste of time.
Yes lets get together soon, especially while everyone is WELL, tis the season you know. i'm thinkin just a play date? INSIDE? After naps for an hour or two? Sorry I'm making plans on the blog. I'll talk to Devin when he gets home tonight,figure out new schedules for the tri and then call you tomorrow.
amie
Post a Comment