Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Journey to Bethlehem


Friday night we attended an event called Journey to Bethlehem. It is hosted by another church. It starts out watched a live enactment of the angel telling Mary she was to be the mother of Jesus, the Savior. It continues on with her telling Joseph and all the events up to them leaving to be taxed in Bethlehem. Then as families they took groups on the journey to travel to Bethlehem to be taxed. This journey was outside and we traveled for about 45 minutes. We met other people who were traveling as well, Roman soldiers who checked our travel papers, the three kings who were following a star, and the shepherds who saw an angel. When we finally reached Bethlehem ourselves there was no room for us in the inns but we were directed to a stable, where we found the Christ child lying in a manger. It was beautiful done! Lots of people (700) were required to pull the experience off and I am sure the time and preparation was great. Thank you Harvester Christian Church for a wonderful evening! (P.S. We brought the camera and the only things we got pictures of were an animal roasting over the fire and the donkey. They had horses, donkeys, and even camels. Pretty awesome! But the roasting animal was pretty much the highlight for Chant the Photographer Man, apparently.)
Since I was just talking about kings, I thought I would show another king-hopeful. The girls won these crowns as prizes from playing Super Why games on the computer. Porter felt pretty honored that they would share.

3 comments:

Amie Orton said...

loved all your latest posts especially the cute cute pic of yourself and the post about winghaven! Im impressed about the 18 things on reserve! I was feeling sheepish about 3.. haha! No more. I will now try to meet your record. I can't wait to see it done. it is our fav place too. Have a very merry Christmas!

Amie

Cam and Mary said...

We went to that last year but had to leave early because Hudson would not stop crying. Sorry to hear you are all sick. I hope it passes quickly!

Sarah said...

The journey to Bethlehem sounds awesome. What a neat experience.