Friday, December 4, 2009

So Proud. So Long





My children are changing so much and I just thought I would share a quick update.

Brinnley can write her name, frontwards and backwards. Impressive huh! She loves to draw pictures and more specifically people. They are awesome, but of course I am partial. She even made us pictures with our names on them so we had assigned seating at the table. Still picky in the food department. We had cereal for dinner last night. I think that is the first time she has eaten dinner in months! Brinnley loves to read books together. And she has a new love of headbands. So do I, they are cute and easy!

Ainsley can dress herself mostly. And she wants to pick out her clothes now. I only have one child left that lets me dress him anyway I want. At least I still buy the clothes, so I know what they wear I will like ;) She loves to put puzzles together and is very good at it. No help, please, I can do it myself. And she is my music guru. She loves music, all types. And she can memorize a song after hearing it only a few times. She still loves to play with babies. She loves to drink milk. Not a huge fan of fruit, but we are working on that. She'll eat applesauce now! But she loves veggies.

Porter Boy. He is a climber! The other day there was a bottle of ginger spice on the floor. I asked Chant if he had been using any spices. Nope. That's right, Porter drug a chair over to the counter, climbed up and raided the cupboard. Funny but also a little scary! He loves to help unload the dishwasher. And watch me cook. He loves getting his hair done and volunteers to come and sit in front of me with the brush in his hand. He loves his bed, blanket, and his monster. He LOVES shoes, anybody's it doesn't matter. He will eat anything except applesauce and green beans. He loves to dip. Ranch, ketchup. He will use the same carrot over and over. (Sound familiar, Mom?) HE loves music and dancing. He is the king of the head bob. He loves to cuddle. And he jabbers, all the time. He likes to color and it is official. We have a lefty folks! Now Mom isn't so lonely! And he no longer sits in his highchair. He is at the table in a booster. Welcome to the family! His favorite ornament on the tree is a green glitter bulb. Favorite color?

Porter and Ainsley love to watch tv together sprawled on the floor. (I make them scoot back.)

I had a huge "I'm Proud" moment this morning. I was doing dishes and I asked the girls some questions about preschool and what jobs they liked best. The girls started talking about it and then they argued about who liked to lead the Pledge of Allegiance more. I asked if they knew it. "Yep." Then both girls says, "Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance." With hands over their hearts they both recited word for word the entire Pledge. I knew they knew parts of it but I didn't know they knew the whole thing. I am so proud of my girls. And it helps that they have the best preschool teacher ever. We love you Miss Becca!

Really long update over now!

Okay, a little longer. Chant is doing amazing in school and he starts in out-patient clinic in a couple weeks. We are so proud of him! He works so hard!

My hair is getting longer, and I like it. I had a miraculous day the other day where I felt kind of okay and I took a picture of myself. Sorry, won't happen again.

Okay, now I am done. A good book is calling my name. Oh, and it is snowing RIGHT NOW. Fluffy white flakes are lightly floating to the ground. I am in heaven. Now all I need is that book and some cocoa!

3 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

Wow - Ainsley prefers veggies over fruit? She is one of a kind!

What book are you reading?

Robnz Fam said...

What a fun post! I loved reading that! So Porter is a lefty? We need to hook him and Emi up! Emi is a lefty too! And NOBODY in my family or Seth's family is left handed. I always thought it was a genetic thing...maybe I was wrong?! So Emi is a picky eater too by the way. It's good to know I'm not alone! It's fun to see how all three of your kids are so different though, I love that!

Sarah said...

I love your photo. I am the same way-just don't take too many of myself for some reason. That is so fun about your smart little girls. As if I am surprised. And I think it's funny that Porter is a climber... not my little 18 month old. She is pretty afraid of it actually.