2009 was a great year! We did a lot of fun things and had a lot of positive changes in our lives. We made two trips home this year. The girls started preschool. Brinnley went into Primary and Porter into Nursery. We took day trips to explore the beautiful area we live in. We made a lot of good memories. But I am excited for the new year. We have a lot to look forward to. Brinnley will start kindergarten this year. Chant will graduate with a Doctorate in Chiropractic. This time next year who knows where we will be. I am excited for the changes headed our way.
Like most people I have my list of resolutions for the New Year, such as finish my scrapbook and other half-finished projects, exercise, etc. But this year I am taking a different approach to my goals. This year I am focusing more on internal things. Here goes:
1.) Find joy in things. I want to feel accomplished and find joy in the daily tasks rather than see them as merely "housework" and mundane tasks.
2.) Be more spontaneous. Schedules are nice, but they are not iron-clad. Brinnley will be starting school and we will be leaving the friends we have here. I plan to take full advantage of the time we have left and live it up!
3.) LAUGH. Everyday.
4.) Do those things that will bring me closer to Heavenly Father. More in-depth prayer and study of my scriptures.
I am excited for the future and all the prospects it holds. I feel a need for change and to spice up my life. Part 1 happened Sunday. Church was canceled due to snow, so I spent 4 hours weaving ribbon through wicker balls. I wanted to add some variety to my living room. So the Christmas decor came down (Hey, it had been up since Thanksgiving, so I feel that was long enough) and up went the new decor. We hung a line of 8 wicker balls in the area separating our living room and kitchen. It brightened things up and even though it was a cheap project, it created a whole new look.
The second part was redoing a wall in my living room. We had 4 pictures and a shelf on the wall, 2 pictures hanging on the wall and the other 2 sitting atop the shelf. The pictures came down and up went a 9 foot length of sheet metal. Now I have a new way to display my photos. I love it!
Part 2 started Tuesday. I got one of the worst haircuts of my life, for sure a top 10 and maybe even a top 5. It was pretty bad. I screamed a time or two at the mirror while trying to do something with the disaster. When screaming didn't do the trick I looked up hair salons in the area and made an appointment. I went in this morning and said, "Help!" She said "WOW!" then started cutting. After an hour I walked out of the salon a new woman. Even though my hair is short again (I have been working a year to grow it out) I love it! Talk about a miracle worker! Then I decided to take it a step further so I went to the store and bought a highlighting kit. Watch out world! Now my hair is short and sassy. It's a new year and a new me (sort of)! Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and here's to new beginnings!
P.S. The pictures of the kids aren't really for anything other than because I thought they were pretty darn cute. This family is loving anything prince or princessy. The capes and crowns are a welcome addition to our daily play accessories.
2 comments:
Hey I had no idea where to answer your question about my picture editing! Haha I go to www.picnik.com
Its totally free and SUPER addicting! You just upload your pics straight to the website and then save them back to your computer when your done!
When does Chant graduate?
Post a Comment