Halloween was great! It was my friend Becca's birthday that day, so we had a party at her house. Yummy food and good company. Then as a big group we took the kids out trick-or-treating. My girls were confused because we have never gone door to door. They thought Halloween was the ward party. I tried to explain and basically what they got out of it was that the ward party was for the Bishop and Saturday was for Becca. Oh well. Whoever it was for, they still had fun. Brinnley buddied up with Becca's nephew and they stayed right by each other running door to door. Brinnley thought since she was a cheerleader she had to do a cheer for her candy. She put down her bucket and yell "go team go!" Very cute! Ainsley and Daddy made a pretty good team and Porter watched from the sidelines, all comfy in his stroller. The evening was a success!
Sunday after Church there was a baptism. The kids and I didn't go. They were tired and all sorts of messed up from Daylight Savings Time ending. While Daddy was off at the church, the girls played in their room. I took the opportunity to call my mom. We were chatting away and I realized I hadn't seen Porter for a while. I started the search. I found him in the bathroom happy sloshing around in the poop-filled toilet. I removed my son and cleaned him off then went to inform the girls of the situation.
Me: Girls. we need to make sure we flush the toilet. Your brother was just playing with your poo.
Girls: Oh, sorry Mom.
Me: That's okay. At least he hadn't picked it up and squished it in his hand. Just a little sloshing. All is well!
Oh such fun!
5 comments:
I can't tell you how many times I had to remind Cam to put the toilet seat down so Hudson wouldn't get into it! Good thing for antibacterial soap! :) Glad you guys had a fun Halloween. I bet the girls loved going door to door.
Haha That is such a funny story! Oh I can't wait till its my turn! lol Cute costumes by the way! We sure missed that ward this year! Last year the Halloween party/ Chili cookoff was the first ward thing we participated in and it was way fun! Its just not the same here!
Grooosssss! I guess it is bound to happen to me too. You were so calm about it too! I would probably be freaking out.
that is so funny! It hasn't happened to Noah yet, but Mady did it once with pee. The only thing was that she was sucking on the toilet paper!! YUCK! I freaked out, but she is still alive and that was 2 years ago! I guess kids are durable!
That is a funny story. I did not make the costumes this year, just too much to do and I can't be supermom every year. It was the best feeling to get one of them online and when it came I just thought "Yes! Halloween is done!"
Post a Comment