Friday, November 20, 2009
New Moon Madness
At the stroke of midnight I was comfortably reclined in my second row seat among the throngs of other Twihards. The lights dimmed. The crowds hushed. The tension and excitement in the air was thick enough to cut with a knife. The creepy Wehrenberg Theatres song started. A giggle passed through my lips. The Summit Pictures logo appeared on the screen. And the screams began. I laughed. My friends laughed. Secretly we really wanted to wail at the top of our lungs like everyone else. The title New Moon slowly appeared on the screen. The screams continued. I must admit Edward was looking mighty fine. His wardrobe has much improved. And Jacob's 8 pack was worthy of at least two heart-felt swoons. My head swiveled from side to side in an attempt to take in all that was just merely a few feet in front of me. (Side Note: front row seating is ideal for live performances, not for screen viewings). My heart raced with all the action. Two hours and one minute passed with the bat of an eye. And then the movie ended. I had a smile on my face. Yes, the film was fantastic. Yes, I was pleased. Yes, I wanted more. At 2:30 a.m. I was wide awake. (To emphasize the enormity of that, I will admit that I cannot remember the last time I was up later than 11:00. I didn't even make it long enough to ring in the new year.) And so I will admit, I am now an official groupie or Twihard if you will. Even though Jacob is quite the looker and a very sweet guy, I am still a member of Team Edward and will ever remain true. After discussing the film with friends and pledging our devotion to either Jacob or Edward, I returned home to my real true love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I remember that dumb song from the theater! :) Glad you liked it. I need to see when Cam will be home so I can go! I'm also a fan of Edward, although I think Jacob is more attractive in this movie!
That is so awesome!!! We went too and it was fun! I loved the movie, WAY better then the first... unfortunately I have to admit I was one of the screamers!!! ha ha. I agree.. Jacob is hot. But I am Team Edward all the way!!!!
I am Team Jacob now for sure! I like the warm unstable guys! The movie was so amazing! Done so well. I only saw the first one once in the theater but I will see this one again for sure!
I can't stand the Wherenberg song either! In fact, when Billy & I went to see New Moon today (yeah, he was one of maybe six guys in the theatre) I left for the restroom when it came on.
I agree with Michelle, tho. I'm for Jacob!
I agree I am still for Team Edward. I wish I would have known you were going to the midnight showing I would have gone with you!!! I was so upset I didn't have anyone to go with so I just wanted until this week to go!
Post a Comment