Friday Chant got home from school early, so when we picked the girls up from preschool we were off for an adventure. We went to Lake of the Ozarks for the day. The first stop was Ha Ha Tonka State Park. It was a gorgeous day. The sun was out and it was warm. The main attraction at the park for us anyway (there are miles of beautiful trail to be hiked but not by 3 children) was a castle. It's not really a castle but more a mansion. It was built in the early 1900s but the interior was destroyed by a fire. All that is left is the rock exterior walls. It is a gorgeous view from the top of the mountain where the castle is. And the mansion itself is quite remarkable. We had a wonderful time exploring.
In front of the water tower.
After exploring the castle we hit the outlet malls and had dinner at Applebee's. The day was a success! I just love exploring!
7 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun! You guys have been quite the explorers lately! I love doing stuff like that. Your kids are so cute!
I'm so glad you went to Ha Ha Tonka. I love that place.
Looks like fun! I love the new blog background, by the way. I need to call you sometime so we can catch up.
Maybe you should send this post to Castle Boy!! ;)
Is that really Brynn?? No way. she is SO big. She's like a big/little girl. Like no more toddler. Crazy! I'm loving watching your kids grow though, it's so fun. Just wish we could be closer. We are counting down the days that you guys get to come back!!!
p.s. I love how you guys take advantage of your surrondings/scenery! Inspires me :0)
How fun that you made this trip. I love that place!! I am sad I did not get to go before we moved.
I saved your blog to my reader, (just so you know) after we met and I saw a comment you left on one of Becca's posts. I have a few pictures I wanted to send you of Hayden and Brinnley together. But, I realized I have no way to send them. Maybe Becca could forward them.
Post a Comment