Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkins and other such randomness


Last Saturday, Oct 10, we visited the pumpkin patch inside our local Wal-mart.  It was so excited searching through all those pumpkins to find the perfect ones!  We got 3, one for each child.  

This year the girls wanted to draw faces on their pumpkins as well as carve them.

Ainsley's very own artwork!






She liked her pumpkin man so much she even wanted to share her graham cracker with him.














Brinnley actually scooped the insides out of her pumpkin this year.  Last year that task was deemed too entirely disgusting.  This year it was kind of cool, as long as she had her apron on.










Gross, Dad!













When the knife came out, Ainsley couldn't bear to see that face cut into, so he stayed.  











After nap snack time.













We had to pull out the heavy coats Wednesday.  To tell the truth, I was really excited about it!















This is for you Jen and Kris.

















One cool dude!











Supposed to be at the top, but oh well!

2 comments:

Mike & Kristy said...

I gotta say, I loved that Ains tried to feed her pumpkin face a graham cracker. Seeing the pumpkin carving festivities brings back good memories of childhood Octobers :)

Cam and Mary said...

I'm so bad, I haven't even bought a pumpkin yet. It kills me that small ones are 5 bucks when you can buy a 4o pounder back home for the same price. Oh well....Looks like fun! It is finally starting to cool down here too. We actually wore long pants this weekend! :) I was also glad to see that Porter still has his binky. I'm not looking forward to taking Hudson's away!