Sunday, October 18, 2009

One Week of Random Facts

I got this idea from another blogger (cjane) but I am switching it up a bit.  She played "3 Truths and a Lie."  I like to think I am no good at lying, or maybe it's just the fact that I lack enough creativity to be a believable liar.  So I am just going to play random facts week.  7 days, or maybe only 6 or 5, of random facts about me and my crew.  Here goes...

Random Facts Day #1:
Ainsley's favorite names for her animals are Squamie and Sprocket.

When I lived in Burley, Idaho, from the 4th to the 6th grade, I was a creator of the finest commercials you have ever heard.  I perfected my talents in the shower.  Some like to sing to their shower heads, not me.  No, I was more of the infomercial type.  I expounded upon every miniscule detail about the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.  The scent of the delicate foaming liquids was described with the finest of detail.  I am sure I was in their a good half hour.  Unbeknownst to me, I had an audience.  My favorite listener was my brother, Kirk.  He would stand at the door and listen to my rave product reviews while stifling the hyena-like laughs waiting to explode from his lips.  The day I realized that I had been discovered, it wasn't quite like I had imagined.  No cheers for how brilliant I had been.  From that point on I mumbled my commercials so only the shower curtain could hear.  But don't worry Kirk, you didn't deter me.  Occasionally I still conjure up the perfect terms to write reviews for my favorite products on-line.  

Also during my time in Burley, I was in training to replace Cher for the day she retired.  My mom had a set of blue candlesticks that doubled nicely as microphones.  I would crank "If I Could Turn Back Time" and "Just Like Jesse James."  I knew every word.  I was ready for my big debut.  But before taking my show on the road, I decided to test it out on my fam.  I gathered the parents and of course my biggest fan (Kirk) and Jenny.  We gathered on the lawn with my CD player and my candlestick in hand.  I was ready to go.  I made it flawlessly through my first line.  Just into the second line my cat started freaking out.  Only moments later a flash of lightning ended the party.  That was it.  I never got to finish my big show.  My microphone was retired to the candlestick never to be taken down again.  Even though I don't have my face plastered on the side of a tour bus (thank goodness!) I still belt it out at least once a day.  Good for the soul you know.  And if you pay me enough, I just might continue with my unfinished debut.  If I could turn back time, if I could find a way... I probably would have closed the curtains in the living room so no unsuspected neighbors or passersby had to witness me dance around the living room during my performances.  

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm feeling a little deprived. All those months of living together, and not once did I get to hear you sing a Cher song! However, I do count my lucky stars that I got to see you perform some songs from the "Walk to Remember" soundtrack - complete with actions.

Mike & Kristy said...

This is freaking AWESOME!!! I am still laughing out loud, and will definitely be requesting that Cher show the next time I see you. Seriously, I love that you are the "infomercial type". I may even request a living room shampoo commercial!