Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"The Best Thing About Having a Sister is I Always have a Friend"



Yesterday was our first day home from our weekend trip to Reno (more on that to come when I get some pics from my fab sisters-in-law).  I was busy doing laundry and other such things that pile up when I am absent.  I try every day to play with the kids, but yesterday it didn't happen.  Not because I didn't want it to or because I was too busy.  In fact, I even asked the girls if they would like to play a game.  And what was the reply?  "No, thanks."  I didn't even see the girls most of the day.  They were off having adventures playing prince and princess or dad and brother (it is hardly ever mother and daughter) in their bedroom, the office, my bedroom, and even my bathroom.  As I peeked in on them at play throughout the day, I felt such overwhelming gratitude to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with these beautiful girls.  I too am grateful that they are friends.  Of course they have their moments, but those by far outweighed by the good times.  All through my childhood years I prayed for a sister.  Many a penny were tossed into the fountains at the power company each month as I went with Mom to pay the power bill.  Each and every month the wish was the same, a sister.  I am so grateful that my girls have each other.  They look after each other, play together, love each other.  I hope and pray that as they get older their relationship will stay strong and they will continue to be best friends. 

2 comments:

Liana Brown said...

My sister and I have been like that since we were that age and still are! There is nothing better then a sister to lean on at ANY age! I am sure your girls will grow up great friends! They are soo cute by the way!

Cam and Mary said...

I agree, there is something special about sisters, but remember we are all sisters Kara! :)