Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Goose Attack

One day Mom took me and the kids to Rexburg to play at the spray park.  Before going there we got lunch at McDonald's and took it to the nature park.  We had brought an old loaf of bread for the kids to feed the ducks.  There was a whole flock of baby ducks following their mama.  We had only thrown a few pieces of bread when 3 giant geese came swiftly over.  I hurried to grab Porter and then next thing I knew one of the geese was attacking Ainsley.  He was pecking at her chest and then bit her finger.  I yelled at mom to get her.  Now, before I go on you have to understand that my mom is terrified of birds.  I think that is a little ironic because she has her house decorated in birdhouses and there is a birdfeeder hanging just outside the back door.  But really, she is terrified.  If one comes too close she screams and goes crazy.  I've seen it happen.  So, back to the story.  I am yelling at mom to save my baby and she has this look on her face like she is thinking. "Do I go back for her or run and save myself?"  It was really only a few seconds before she ran to Ainsley and swooped her away.  The geese left and we were able to feed the babies, but Porter stayed a safe distance back and hid behind a pole of the gazebo we were standing in.  He had seen what happened to Ainsley and he didn't want it to happen to him.  She was fine really, but she is a little nervous around animals now, like dogs.  It is cute to hear her tell the story.  "The goose bit my finger and then Grandma saved me!"  Super Grandma saves the day!  Thanks for not sacrificing my baby to the goose!  

1 comment:

Liana Brown said...

You guys have been so busy!! I love all of the pictures you took! We were almost attacked by geese in PA a couple years ago with a few toddlers!I was freaking out too and Joel chased it and threw water bottles at it! That stupid goose even hissed at Joel! What a way to ruin duck feeding! :) Glad they left you guys alone finally! We had to leave the park because it kept chasing us!