When we got home from our Idaho trip in September, I wanted to repaint my living room wall. It was brown and I was feeling really blah about it. Se we spent three days sorting through paint colors from three stores before we settled on "Kelly's Island" or basically teal. I love teal, it is actually my favorite color. It was a fun change and I enjoyed it for a while, but it just didn't go very well with our living room decorations. The wheels in my head had been turning for a while thinking about what color I would like to change it to.
The week we got back from Idaho for Christmas we had the missionaries over. The wall came up and I mentioned I was thinking about repainting. Chant was kind of surprised because he thought I liked it. Later in the week he said if I wanted to paint I had better do it now because Home Depot was having a paint sale plus an added mail-in rebate. Sweet! I had my chance. Last Saturday we went to Home Depot and Chant and the kids wandered the store while I spent some time considering all my choices. I came home with a huge stack of paint colors. The options ranged from blues to greens to yellows with one random card of oranges. After the kids were tucked snug as bugs in their beds I got to work looking at each color and whittling down the pile. I got it narrowed down to my two favorite blues, two greens, and the yellows I hadn't narrowed down at all. We immediately decided we really didn't want blue. We chose our fav green and then we went to the yellow pile (where the random orange card was included). The very first thing Chant saw was the orange card. He pulled it out and we looked at it and both of us got really excited and it was done. Orange it was, or more correctly Miami Spice.
Monday Chant didn't have school so that was paint day. He set his alarm for 5:00 a.m. and he was out the door and back home before 6:30. The room had been primed and two coats of paint added all before lunch.
We ran errands in the afternoon and let the paint dry more before moving the furniture back. When we decided it was dry enough to move things back I discovered Chant's real motive for so willingly letting me paint. He wanted to change the furniture around. For those of you who don't know me super well, I am not a fan of change when it comes to where my things are at. I could change the color of my wall no prob, but move the furniture! Oh the stress! He knew I would freak out, so he approached the subject very gingerly and I caved. And guess what. I love it.
New year new living room. We even bought 5 little fake foam birds (hope you know what I am talking about) to spread throughout our living room to add extra pops of color. I think it looks great.
2 comments:
Kara, the color looks great! Nice choice. I'd like to paint my office upstairs but am still not sure what I want. It's a puzzlement.
I wondered how I could possibly not notice your teal wall that I have been wanting to notice forever! The new color is beautiful.
Someone else wants to write their name for you....
Alex
Alex
Post a Comment