Friday, January 9, 2009
Peace, Joy, and Excitement
We got back to Missouri today. We have been away from home since December 23. Pictures of our trip are to come. It was an amazing vacation. We got to see all 4 sets of parents, a first for us. It was just a very fulfilling trip. But as we got back to our home today, I had this amazing feeling of peace and joy and excited all at once. It is a new year, a new beginning. I have such a bright hope for things that are to come and I have an overwhelming love for my Savior. He gave us the ability to "start over" through repentance and His Atonement. So I have been thinking about all the things I want to do this new year and everything I want to accomplish and here is my thought. I don't want to let myself get discouraged when I fall short, which I undoubtedly will. So this is my mantra for the new year, "Try a little harder to be a little better." (Quote by President Gordon B. Hinckley). I think if every day I just try to do better than I did the day before then I will be making progress. Of course I have grand plans and I am going to try my hardest to make them happen, but always I will try a little harder to be a little better. Good luck to all of you on your goals for the new year and may you be filled with peace about the past, joy for the present, and excitement for the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are so glad you are home and a good and safe trip! We were just talking about you thinking you should be back soon!
I like what you said there at the end about peace, joy and excitement - good things to live by...
Thanks for wending your way to Utah! It was fantabulous seeing you and those three cute grandkids. God loves us unconditionally and it's that love that makes me want to try harder. 2-double-aught-9 is going be a GREAT year!
Post a Comment