Sunday, January 25, 2009

Brinnley's Birthday Party!

 











Opening Barbie and the Diamond Castle















Whitney, Ellie, Brinnley, Ellie, and Alex watching the movie
















Ainsley, Whitney, Ellie, and Brinnley















Ainsley's crazy hair after playing in the bouncy toy Brinn got












Everyone fit inside













The Diamond Castle Cake












All the girls watching the movie












My Brinnley Beth turns 4 tomorrow (the 26th) but we had a party for her yesterday.  This was the first time we let her have friends over for her birthday.  I asked her a while ago what she wanted to do for her birthday.  Her response- watch a Barbie movie and have a picnic on the floor.  I thought, well I can do that even with 6 crazy girls running around.  She specified that she wanted to watch "Barbie and the Diamond Castle."  Lucky me, I found the matching plates, napkins, and cups as Target.  And Brinnley chose a Diamond castle birthday cake.  We were set.

At 11:45 our first guest arrived and by 12:30 the last came and we were ready to party.  We had pizza for lunch.  So cute 6 little girls lined up in a row watching the movie and eating lunch.  When the pizza was gone we brought out the popcorn.  6 little girls laying in a row on the bellies with their feet in the air quietly chomping popcorn and intensely waiting to see what will happen next.  As the movie progressed and the evil Lydia chased the Princesses the party moved to my lap and legs as we all held hands and squeezed each other tight waiting to see what would happen.  Even cheered when the evil Lydia was turned to glass and the girls were transformed into beautiful princesses.  Then the party really began when the end credits rolled and the girls got down to the theme song.  SO CUTE!  Next brought presents, cake and ice cream, and six girls running around the house screaming and playing.  Our first party was a hit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRINN! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR 4, AHHHH. I MISS YOU ALL.

r.l.secor said...

Thanks for posting pics of the party! We are still talking about it tonight! The girls got in a big fight about who got to eat what color of icing on their friends bday cake! Sillies! We love you Brinley - hope it was a blast for you! It is so good to see them surrounded by their sweet little friends.

Stacy said...

How cute! It looks like you guys have been keeping busy lately!

P.S. Thanks for always leaving such nice comments on my blog, and I LOVE your new background!