Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to you!

TinkerBell Fairy with little house











Barbie bus (garage sale find for $2!)












Troy and Gabriella!  (Can you hear the screams?)












A plane for her little toys (garage sale for $.25)












A new dress.  It's pink!












Today was the big day.  My firstborn turn 4.  What?  4!!!  Yes, she is a little lady now.  We had her party Saturday with friends so today was all about family.  Chant got home from school at 1:00.  Brinnley wanted to go to the library for her birthday.  That was easy.  We spent some time picking fun books about animals and then hit the movie store for a fun show for the girls.  On our way home we stopped for a grilled cheese sandwich at Steak n' Shake.  The girls and I curled up on the couch and enjoyed the show.

When the movie ended at 5:00 she got to open her presents.  She didn't have any requests, which was good since I have had her b-day gifts since July.  The girls have been playing with the goods in the living room ever since.  A quiet, but wonderful birthday.  Porter even got in on the action by grabbing on of the newly acquired Barbie dolls, well actually Gabriella from High School Musical.  (Hey, it was on sale.  Troy and Gabriella for only $5. 74.  What a steal!)  I am so glad we got to spend her special day together.  I love you my baby girl.  Happy birthday!

Love you,
Mom

4 comments:

r.l.secor said...

Which library do you guys like to go to? We were there today to! Stocking up before the snow and preschool (maybe)!

Cam and Mary said...

Happy birthday to Brinnley! She is such a cute, fun girl to be around! Glad you had a good day together as a family.

Sarah said...

Wow- they grow up fast, huh? Aw... I loved reading your labor story.

Emily said...

Aren't yard sales the greatest? Luckily here in Arizona, the yard sales are year round. I got all of my kids' Christmas presents for under $10. I mean, um, Santa did.
Happy Birthday Brinnley!