Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Can I keep just this one?

So this morning I was putting lotion on my extremely dry feet.  I have this really large, cool looking scar on my ankle.  On my one year birthday I was hospitalized for a blood disease that attacked my ankle.  My mom said my ankle was swollen up like a balloon.  They had to cut it open to drain it.  That left a crazy looking scar on my ankle.  Call me weird, but I like it.  It is a part of me and always has been.  I feel that way about all of my scars.  I have tiny little scars on my hand where I was cut by a broken water carafe while I was waiting tables.  I have a big scar on my back where my brother popped one of my chicken pox when I was just 3 months old.  I have a pretty cool indentation on my stomach from my seat belt when I rolled my parents' car.  I have a caterpillar looking one on my side where a mole was removed.  I even have one on the tip of my tongue from when I had a pie shaped piece surgically removed and the two flaps were sown together.  

So back to this morning.  While I was putting lotion on my feet, I saw this scar on my ankle and I got a little sad thinking about the resurrection and how our bodies would be made perfect from imperfections, like scars.  I am really excited to have a perfect body free from physical ailments and imperfections but I wonder, can I keep just this one?

3 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

You're cute Kara! Not too many people want to keep their imperfections! :) Hope your day is going better. See you tonight!

Crystal and Billy said...

Wow, you have some "war" stories! I have one scar from a cat fight with my sister when we were younger and then an indentation in the muscle above my knee. A table fell on me. Other than that, I'm scar-free.

Sarah said...

You are cute, Kara. It's funny the things we think about sometimes, huh?