Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What they are up to now




I love my beautiful children!  They are so much fun.  I just wanted to give a quick update on what the kiddos are up to.

Brinnley loves oranges.  We recently got a clock that we turned into the "food clock."  We glued pictures of food over the times when we eat meals or snacks.  She now knows to look at the clock before asking for something to eat.  Otherwise all day long she is asking for snacks.  So far so good!
She loves Primary!  They learned a new song on Sunday and yesterday she was singing it in the car.  She loves her class and her teachers.  Thank you Brother and Sister Brown.  They sang happy birthday to her and gave her a bag of popcorn and she was the happiest girl alive.  
She started preschool with Miss Becca last week and she loves it.  She couldn't stop talking about the songs they sang and the things they did.  Thanks Becca.
She is very much the helpful sister and always volunteers to  "Keep an eye on Porter."

The girls love to pretend.  They are always playing Prince and Princess or Barbies.  They both like to tie bandanas around their necks and call them capes.  Then they will run around the house and capture the bad guys and save the Princess.  SO cute!
Their favorite movies right now are anything Barbie.  They have the songs memorized to their favorites, currently The Diamond Castle and the Princess and the Pauper.  (Yesterday Brinn asked me if "I could spare some bread and water" directly quoted from the Princess and the Pauper.  It made me laugh so hard!)
The new favorite non-Barbie song in the house is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.  The girls go around the house singing "You'll be the prince and I'll be the Princess, it's a love story baby just say yes."  So fun!

Ainsley is just getting so big!  Her new favorite word is "acutally."  "Well, actually I would like some lunch."  "Well actually I do want to go shopping."

Porter Boy started getting up on his knees and rocking back and forth last week.  Any day now he is going to take off, I just know it.  And this week he has started babbling.  He sounds something like this "Blah Blah Blah."  SO fun!

Sorry to bore you, I just want to remember what my babies are like at this stage in their lives.  

6 comments:

gracie said...

Cute pictures, Kara! Keep writing - they get big too fast!

Emily said...

I can picture their cute little personalities! I love having my kids close in age, even if it means busy and crazy days.

Cam and Mary said...

I just was working on a post for Hudson! It's so funny how close he and Porter are with everything. So fun! I am like you, I want to write it down because I know I'll forget. (I had to look up how long Hudson was when he was born when someone asked me today. That's sad!)

Stacy said...

How fun! It sounds like you are a great mom!

Sarah said...

do not apoligize. I love reading all of your great ideas too--food on the clock is so clever. you are so intuitive.

K.J. Williams said...

Food on a clock? I'll need to do that with my 5th Graders! Love hearing what those darling grandkids are up to! Keep the blog rollin'...