At dinner Brinnley hit her finger and she started crying that she needed a band-aid to feel better. She went off crying down the hall to the closet where we keep the band-aids. All the while Ainsley was calmly eating dinner. Chant turned to Ainsley after Brinnley ran out of the kitchen and asked, "What happened to her?" Ainsley looked up from her plate and said very matter of fact, "She hurt her finger and needs a band-aid." Then she was back to focusing on her dinner. This was so funny because she didn't skip a beat even though she was in her own little world.
After dinner we made cookies in a skillet, called Skookies. The girls helped squish the dough into the skillets. Chant asked Ainsley how they looked. She very seriously said, "Incredible." We couldn't stop laughing.
She definitely helped lighten the mood today. Thanks baby girl.
6 comments:
She is a cute girl! I am so glad we have kids to make us smile and laugh. Hope you get more sleep tonight.
So sorry on the lack of sleep. Hope you have a better night tonight!
How cute!
aah, man i want ainsley for myself! man she is just a crack up, seriously. that lack of sleep... brings me to tears too, man alive i hope tonight is better!
Amie
I love all the cute things kids say. I also love your blog. You are so good at writing about all the important stuff. Your family is so amazingly beautiful. I can't believe how big your baby is already. He has the cutest little cheeks!
How cute! I believe we have children just for those moments! (not the teething moment) How adorable! by the way..a skillet cookie?? YUM...can you pass on the receipe?
Post a Comment