Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hands

I have old woman hands.  I do!  The top of my hand looks like a normal hand, maybe a little dry but other than that normal.  But when I turn my hands to look at my palms, my hands are deeply lined.  I have tons of lines that cover the fleshy part just below my thumb (sorry, anatomy is NOT my subject).  My fingers are even covered with lines.  Some are deep and others  are not, but either way, there are a ton.  My mom has always commented on them.  Don't get me wrong, she wasn't being mean or anything.  My hands are just very different than hers.  Hers are very smooth with very few lines.  Chant's hands are also very smooth and the girls took after their Daddy.  

Today I was feeding Porter his bottle when he reached his cute, chubby, little hand up to my face.  I held his little, precious hand in mine and I examined it.  I searched every little part of it, fingers and all.  My heart was filled with a warmth when I discovered that Porter has my hands.  He has old man hands, and I love it!  His cute fingers are lined just like mine.  His palm has lines going every which way.  I have always been fond of my lined hands and so I am glad that I get to share them with one of my children.  

But the girls have a unique part of me too.  I have two distinct lines/ bumps (similar to the lines above the upper lip) below my lower lip.  The girls have both been given this feature.  I like that we are different and each have a look entirely our own, but as a parent it is fun to see some of my unique features in them.  My children really are a part of me, and I LOVE it!

1 comment:

Crystal and Billy said...

Hi Kara! I found your blog from Mary Hoyt's blog. Good to see you on here!

Thanks again for the movie. That was a lot of fun, and a great idea. We should have "ladies night" again!