Saturday, December 13, 2008

I miss Jesus

Last night about 11:30 p.m. Chant and I were awakened by cries coming from the girls' room.  Chant went back to see what was wrong.  It was Brinnley who was crying.  Chant asked her what was wrong.  She said it was hard to sleep and when Chant asked her why she said it was because she misses Jesus.  It was about then that I joined them in the room.  She told me what was wrong and I told her that Jesus loves her and He misses her too.  Then Chant and I held her hands and softly rubbed her cheeks and arms to soothe her back to sleep.  She soon drifted back to sleep and she looked just like an angel, so sweet and innocent. 
But my heart truly ached.  I know that feeling all too well.  Sometimes I am so overwhelmed with a desire to see my Savior and feel His loving arms around me and to hear Him tell me He loves me.  I guess that feeling is the strongest when I feel alone or life just seems to be continually hitting me with trials.  My heart ached for my little girl as I watched the tears stream down her cheeks.  She is so precious and so close to her Savior.  Being a mother has truly helped me to understand what it means to become as little children.  They are so close to the Spirit and they do not need the reminders that adults need.  I am grateful for the lesson learned from a sweet little spirt of our Father in Heaven and I only pray that as she continues to grow I might be able to continue to teach her our Father's Plan of Happiness and help to know that she can see her Savior again.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i love the family pics. And I love the I miss Jesus, story. I can't believe how amazingly close your children are to the Lord. I pray my children will be 1/2 of what they are. The girls seem like they are getting so big, and it's only been 2 weeks. We miss you guys. Take care.
Hetal

Emily said...

Thanks for that story. Kids are so amazing.

Amie Orton said...

ah this jesus story made me cry.. i love it.