When Brinnley was born I thought I knew exactly what her little personality was going to be like. She was born with a head full of red hair and I thought for sure she was going to have a typical redhead personality. Even the nurse at the hospital said, "She has an opinion about everything." And when Ainsley was born I again thought I had her pegged. She was going to be calm and mellow. I just knew it. She was such a peaceful and content baby.
So, I can now say I was wrong. Miss Brinnley is the sweetest most tender-hearted little girl. She loves to pretend and play with her animals and dolls. She does not like contention. She loves everybody. She is a pretty easy going little lady. And Miss Ainsley Jean rules the roost. She is the one that gives the orders to Brinnley. She is the one with the opinion. She is not mean or anything, she just knows what she wants and lets it be known. I love having my two girls close together. Some days are hard when the girls can't seem to agree. But most of the time it is wonderful. And then there is Porter Boy. He is so fun.
I guess sometimes life just gets so crazy with running here and there and this activity and that appointment that sometimes it is easy to let things pass me by. But last night we had our family pictures taken (photos to come soon) and it was one of those moments when I stopped and said "life is good." Miss Ainsley refused to cooperate for a while, but give her a pretty red scarf and she is good to go. Brinnley was a little angel posing with her head at just the right angle. And Porter sat on my lap and slobbered all over my hand as he tried to chew on my fingers. All my children are different, and yet they are all sweet and make life worth living. It was just one of those moments that I was able to look at my life and think even though sometimes things are rough around the edges, I wouldn't change a thing.
2 comments:
Yay!!! I'm so glad your family pics went well. I can't wait to see them. We tried to do that during Thanksgiving and it did NOT go well...I'm dealing with it. We will try again during Christmas when Seth's mom is up.
Well we sure do love them all!!!
I keep seeing little bits of your pretty teal wall coming through - I need to come by and see it in real life in its fullness!
Post a Comment