I finished reading The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck last night. It was actually kind of a funny sight. Chant had fallen asleep on the couch and I was holding Porter on my lap in the rocking chair. I was trying to keep him awake so that he would not wake up at 3:00 a.m. and want to play. (That occasionally happens when I let him sleep too long in the evening.) I stopped reading and was singing to Porter and playing with him to keep him awake. I desperately wanted to finish my book so the thought occurred to me that I could just read it out loud. I would keep Porter awake and finish my book. So that is what I did. Soon I was sobbing. Porter was looking up at me and Chant woke up, looked at me and laid back down. It is a beautiful book with a powerful message. Definitely worth the time, although it is such a good book that it is easy to zip right through it. I will not ruin it for you in case you decide to read it, but let me just say that when I finished reading it I felt a little better about life. I felt an amazing love for my Savior and courage to press forward and make each day the best it can be. My friends Mary and Cam are blessed with the opportunity to see the stage show of The Christmas Sweater and I am so excited for them. It will be an amazing night I am sure.
Anyway, worth the read.
1 comment:
Oh, I am glad you liked it! I will have to borrow it from you when I get back!
Post a Comment