Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Election Day, it's finally over!
So yesterday was the big day. I am so glad it is over! I was getting a CNNed out. I do care deeply about politics and the state of our country, but it seems like lately all the news has been the same. So yesterday morning Chant left the house at 5:00 to get to our voting place. He was 10th in line at that early hour. The voting booths opened at 6:00, so he had a wait. But he said by 5:30 the line was to the end of the parking lot. As soon as he got home I left. I arrived at 6:45 and finished voting at 7:45. Not too shabby, considering there was a record turnout in Missouri. Missouri also had the closest vote of any state. It felt good doing my civic duty and making my voice heard. Chant proudly put his "I Voted" sticker on our calendar to save for posterity. Whatever will we do with our time now their is no more campaigning news to watch?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
way to go! I got to vote via absentee balott and devin didn't get registered in time so he was trying to influence my vote.. I wouldn't let him look haha! well i LOVE the leave pictures they are awesome! you and chant are so good together I just love it. Such a great couple. I'm actually going to call you right now to see if you want to go to the gym with me.
I voted too. But it didn't take me an hour-wow! you are amazing. I am glad it's over though so that they will play other news too.
Post a Comment