January 2 was Family Christmas, when we get together with my parents all of my brothers and their families in Ashton. We weren't able to go home this year and I was really upset that we were going to miss it. Mom told me to Skype so we could talk to everyone while they were there. I was thinking everyone would gather around the computer and say a quick hi and that would be it. But my amazing brother, Kasey, answered the call on his laptop and we were there for the entire program and present opening. We were able to get updates on everyone and hear about the highlights of their year. That is the part I love the most, sharing what we are grateful for and what we learned over the previous year. We also got to "meet" the fiances of two of my nephews. So exciting! I was glad that my kids took up the whole screen because I did shed a tear or two off to the side with gratitude that we could share in the moment and heartache at missing it in person.
My parents gave all the girls skirts and all the boys hats from Route 66. We were all pleasantly surprised when in the middle of February we received a package of skirts and hats. Thanks Grandpa and Grandpa, we love them!

No comments:
Post a Comment