This year I really wanted to make Valentine's Day special. I thought a lot about what I wanted to do and I feel like it turned out great. I had spent an entire afternoon the Monday before cutting out hearts for a YW activity and I didn't want them to go to waste. I used all those hearts to make a table runner. I thought it was festive.
For dinner we had the Papa Murphy's heart-shaped pizzas. The kids love them and think it is so cool that a pizza could be shaped like a heart! While we waited for them to cook, Porter had to do another selfie.
Brinnley needed in on the action too. Funny kids!
Once we were all gathered round I lit up a bunch of tea lights I've had forever. I think they thought eating by candlelight was so awesome. We've never done that before.
Once we were done eating and cleared the table off, I gave each child a huge paper heart. We took turns writing messages on each other's hearts. They made me cry when I was reading through them. Everyone made sure to think about the things they wrote and truly say things they loved about that person. It was so sweet!
The last thing was a special treat. We had Love Floats or vanilla ice cream and Cherry 7-Up with licorice straws. I thing it was a very wonderful evening. I'm glad I took the time to make it more special for everyone.
I am so thankful for my Valentine. I couldn't imagine my life without this amazing man in it! He means the world to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment