Monday, August 11, 2014

Week Two



Our first week here we met a neighbor and he told Chant and my dad that he had deer in his yard all the time.  He even came up with a concoction he sprays on his plants that prevents the deer from eating the flowers.  I hard a difficult time imagining it happened that often.  But I have since been proven wrong.  We have seen a lot of deer in our yard and I have many more pictures, but this was one cool sighting.  I was sitting by the windows and looking up to see a deer walking through my front yard.  My favorite part was when he walked down the front walk like he was a visitor.  It was pretty awesome.  Another time the kids were outside playing and a deer ran right in front of them, so close the kids could have reached out and touched it.  Although we've seen them quite a few times, each time is just as amazing as the last.

We had been here just over a week when the kids and I were gathering in the living room for family prayer and scriptures.  We were sitting on the floor in front of the couch and we heard some noise.  When we got up, we saw we had been chalked.  The young women wrote us a little welcome note on our driveway.  They will never know how much that meant to us and how truly welcome it made us feel.  Such a small gesture that meant all the world to us.  Over a month here and it is still visible and each time I see it, it brings a smile to my face.

There is a little stretch of land called Ediz Hook that looks just like a hook coming off the main land.  We took an hour one afternoon to go check it out.  The best part for the kids was throwing rocks.  Not the place to go for swimming, but fun to climb around the large rocks.

There are so many cool places to discover here!



No comments: