Then we moved here. When I walked into the living room for the first time and saw this huge mantel and a bare wall, the wheels in my head were spinning so fast I felt light-headed. I knew it would be the perfect spot. There was an existing shelf above where we wanted to put our television and I knew that all the other decorations I wanted to put up would work perfectly there, leaving me this large place to create my vision.
The three places I would give anything to see are Italy, like the whole country, all of it; Paris; and London. All of the things on my wall center around those places. I am so pleased with how it turned out! Let me walk you through it:
The tall frame from top to bottom: Venice, Tower Bridge in London, and Notre Dame
Next is Manarola, Italy (in Cinque Terre. This is definitely my number one place to see.)
Then we have a rooftop view of Paris.
I had the plate on my plate wall back in Utah, but it fit perfectly with my theme. And then the keys that spell "Love." Because I am in love with all of these cities and what better thing than keys to spell it!
I saw the phone booth at Ross and couldn't believe it! I basically ran to scoop it up. Perfect.
Last is a shot of the beautiful Tuscany countryside.
I found this bicycle at a warehouse in Arizona when we went there in March. I fell in love. I can just see myself riding my bike through the countryside of Italy or down the streets of Paris. Maybe not, but it creates a beautiful vision in my mind.
I have had this window frame since last summer. I got in at a garage sale in Twin Falls, ID. I haven't used it because I didn't quite know what to with it. But I knew that I wanted to use it for my wall. I found these pictures on Etsy and instantly fell in LOVE! I knew they would be perfect for my window. And they are exactly the right size! It was meant to be! The images are transparent, so they words from the book page can be seen through them. Love it. First is Big Ben, then the Colosseum, and the Eiffel Tower.
The teapot came from Chant's dad's dad. I love it! I saw it and thought of tea and crumpets. I knew it had to go up on the mantel.
I found this awesome frame for $2.50 at a store in Rexburg. I've had in since April. When I saw it, I knew it would be part of my wall. The frame is of concert ticket stubs. Love the travel aspect of that. Different places all over. And the photo of the phone booth and the bus was just what I wanted! It's another thing I think of when I think London.
Next is a board with an owl and lace and pearls. Not much to do with travel, but when I think of delicate lace and pearls my mind is reminded of the many books I have read about European Tours. I would like to think if I lived in that time I would have a dress of lace and pearl buttons that I wore while twirling my parasol as I strolled past the Eiffel Tower and down the streets of London.
Next is an amazing picture of St. Paul's cathedral. Love this!
And last is a quote plaque that I think goes perfectly. "Opportunity. Always look for your window of opportunity."
And I cannot skip the suitcase. I got this at a garage sale a few years ago. Those are real travel stickers. When I saw that suitcase sitting on a blanket in a front yard, my heart squeezed. That suitcase has been to places and seen things I only dream about. I could feel it's history and sense it's story as I ran my hands over it's well worn handle and it had to come home with me!
I am so pleased with this wall. When I just need a quiet moment to think, I sit and look at these beautiful places. My heart is so full of longing to actually see and experience what is on my wall, but this will have to be enough for now.
I saw this quote the other day and it rang so true to me, this is how I feel.
http://creatingalovelylife.blogspot.com/2013/04/be-in-love-with-wonder-lust.html
1 comment:
Such a great idea. It really turned out great. I am so glad you guys are loving your new house and your new adventure.
Post a Comment