Sunday, August 17, 2014

Ainsley's Baptism

 (Ready to leave for the Church)

My sweet Ainsley Jean was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on August 9.  This is a day that we have been talking about and anxiously anticipating for months.  Watching Brinnley get baptized really helped prepare Ainsley so she knew what to expect.  We have had Family Home Evenings and individual talks with her, helping Ainlsey to really understand the importance of baptism and the promises we make to Heavenly Father when we are baptized.  As a mother it has been a truly amazing experience to watch Ainsley grow and ask questions.  I am so proud of my daughter.  I know that she will be more prone to questioning things but I hope that she knows she can turn to Heavenly Father in prayer and He will always answer her.  I am just so proud of my sweet girl!

This day was even more special because we had a few visitors who were able to come for the occasion.  We didn't think we would have any family here to be a part of Ainsley's big day, but because of the generosity of our siblings, both Chant's mom and my mom and brother, Kasey, were able to come.  Ainsley knows that all those who weren't able to make it were thinking of her and supporting her.

Brinnley was so excited for Ainsley!  She was excited for her sister to feel the way she did when she was baptized.  Brinnley, with permission from Ainsley, wore the dress she wore for her baptism.  My mom has bought a dress for each of her granddaughters for their baptism, and my girls were no exception.  But because Grandma didn't think she would be here, she took Ainsley shopping in Utah the day before we moved.  (I was invited to come too.)  They chose the dress and the necklace.  It was such a special experience for all three of us.    



 My sweet girl had the smallest jumpsuit available and it was still too big.

 Ainsley chose Gran to give the talk on baptism and Kasey to give the talk on the Holy Ghost.  Both talks were wonderful and I knew she felt loved and special as they both spoke directly to her.  Brinnley also shared her testimony about how she felt when she was baptized.  It was very sweet and tender.

When Ainsley entered the waters of baptism, my heart was so full!  I was so filled with joy for my sweet daughter and her decision to be baptized.  I did shed tears, but mostly I just felt peace and joy!

Ainsley's baptism group was small, but special.  Her Primary teacher Brother Wolfley played the piano for us.  A boy from her class, Caleb, was baptized the week before and he and his family came. We also had the second counselor, Brother Shaw, and the Primary President, Sister Noble, and her counselor Sister Lindley.

 The men who stood in the circle to confirm her:  Bro Keith, Bro Shaw, Uncle Kasey, Dad, and Bro. Wolfley
 Sister Lindley, Sister Noble, and Ainsley girl
 And the family who loves her!  Grandma, Kasey, Mom, Dad, Gran
Brinnley, Porter, and Ainsley
Ainsley and her grandmothers

Thank you to everyone who called her.  She felt so loved and special and she knew you were thinking of her.  It really was a special day!

No comments: